What is Regulation Crowdfunding?
Regulation Crowdfunding is a securities exemption that allows privately-owned companies in the US to raise capital from investors with limited marketing restrictions.
Under this exemption, issuers are permitted to:
- Accept investments from both accredited and non-accredited investors.
- Leverage a funding portal’s network and marketing activities.
- Utilize social media to promote a campaign.
- Openly pitch a fundraising effort at events.
- Experience simplified investor on-boarding with the help of a funding portal.